Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Almost Finished all the Tops!

Have been busy, basting and machine quilting the many, many tops I made this past summer and I still have a few more to go!

All of these are about 40 x 60 inches.



This one is a little smaller.  I backed this one and the next one with more Kaffe fabrics -- browns which I really don't work with much down here.  I am really affected by my environment when it comes to color.

I had completely forgotten this stack and whack that I found in a baggie down here!  It was all ready to go except for figuring out a backing.

These quilts plus others shown recently were all donated to our Comfort Quilts down here - 10 altogether.  Lisa claimed one of the "stained glass" ones which she wants to use as a wall hanging.


It's been a while since I posted bird pictures as I haven't seen as many as usual as there are lots of people!  

This is a juvenile Tri-colored Heron.  The above is one of several Ibis in a tree!

This is a Lesser Yellowlegs.  This is the first time I have seen one of these at Carolina Beach Lake (I think!).


A pretty Snowy Egret.  There have been lots of thse at the lake.


This is a Willet, a bird I usually see along the shore not at the lake!

This was the biggest surprise of all -- a Roseate Spoonbill at Carolina Beach Lake, just hanging out!!  I see them frequently down at Huntington Beach State Park in S. Carolina but never up here!  It was a real treat for one of my first days back.


 

No comments: