Friday, October 20, 2023

Quilters By the Sea October Meeting

It was a great meeting on Tuesday morning.  We were supposed to have David Walker as our speaker but at the last minute, he got sick and had to cancel.  Our wonderful volunteers moved up our November program with little notice and we had a really fun time and I got to meet some new (to me) people which was great.  This is the beginning of our jellyfish.  We used Jacquard fabric scupting medium and draped our circles over baloons we blew up!  They dried in shape in less than an hour.


I am sorry I don't have the quilter's names except for a couple.  This was one of the quilts created as a result of Ani Hudson's class.  
I absoutely loved this one.
Beautiful quilt!


Another beauty!  A very large quilt!
One of three quilts made with scraps from our "giveaway" table.
Another made from the scraps.


Another beautiful quilt!
This was made by one of our newer members and newer quilters as a result of a half-square triangle class taught last year.  Very creative!  I tried to picture quilter with the quilts they made where I could.  Sometimes they hid behind the quilt!



It is hard to see but the grey areas are embroidered blocks obtained as part of an exchange in the embroiders group here in town.


I really liked this one as well.
Everyone got a kick out of this cow!


Nancy made several like this one out of the panel fabric in the center!
Nancy also did this one which looks pretty difficult to me but Jenny said it was a quilt as you go.  The hexagons are all in one piece so not sure how this was done.



Marian Egan did this one as a gift for a bee loving child!


Another from Ani's class.  Very subtle!


Beautiful quilt done as part of a Ricky Tims online class (?).



Another from Ani's class.


There were also 40 quilts donated this month to the Comfort Quilts.  I was just in the wrong position to photo these and they were moving pretty fast!


 

No comments: