Sunday, September 6, 2009

Creating - Yes, Blogging - No

No pictures today as I can't take a picture of my challenge piece until the challenge! Have been working diligently on it and the top is finally completed and it measures about 45 x 56 finally.

The challenge was to create a quilt that was inspired by one of the molas that we have purchased from Priscilla. As I have purchased A LOT of molas (and she has more to sell on her blog I might note), the first decision was hard but I finally chose one that has exquisite workmanship and is one of my very favorites. It will make its way into a jacket after the challenge!

Besides getting the top done, I have been getting ready for a trip down to the beach house in Kure. The same Priscilla from above will be driving down with me and once there we will greet friends coming from California and Albany NY as well! The tropical storms seem to have held off so I am anticipating a wonderful time!! One of my high school friends (who lives close by at the beach) told me not to forget my bikini which got my laugh for the day but he did say the water temps were in the 80s!! Doesn't sound like much sewing will happen but you never know. I am taking down supplies for sewing though as well as at least one additional sewing machine and table! I am looking forward to an adventure!! I am flying dear husband down for a few days at the end of the visit!

Well, off tomorrow to see Priscilla and the goodies she has brought back from Nepal and India -- the woman is AMAZING and you really should read her blog!

1 comment:

Nina Marie said...

Beth - tell Priscilla I said hi! I can't wait to see the challenges when you all are done - I was hoping they were due this month! Enjoy the road trip!