Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Down to the Wire with Packing!

Just thought I would share a couple of images of goodies of purchased from Priscilla on Monday!



I bought these hand carved buttons made out of yak bone. There are six of each one. They will make great embellishments on garments. These are from Nepal.


I just couldn't leave without this piece! It is 36 inches wide by about 90 inches long and is completely hand embroidered on silk with stitching (mimicking quilting) between the animals. You really need to double click on this one. Just loved the animals. This will probably find its way to Lisa's house at some point! Of course that is Cheney checking it out down in the corner. This is from India and Priscilla still has a bird one and two fish ones that are also awesome.

The car is getting packed to the very top. We will be heading to NC on Thursday with a stop at the Binghamton University Art Museum for a quick visit to their quilt exhibit -- it just happened that their Opening Reception was the same time we could pass through the area (going a little out of our way!).

2 comments:

Gail said...

Love the animals! Is the bird one for sale??

Beth Brandkamp said...

Yes, it is for sale and is about 36 inches by 36 inches and is $67 I believe. If you would like it, I can get it for you. I made a mistake on my original posting saying there was machine stitching on it when it is completely done by hand and intricate. Priscilla originally got the bird one for me but I fell in love with the animal one. She also has two fish ones the size of the one I have. They will go incredibly fast as she has many people who requested these from her last trip (last week!!).