Saturday, October 10, 2009

Old Forge Art Center RAFA Show!

One of my pieces -- Memories of California which was designed from several photos I took on one of our California visits. It is completely pieced and uses some of my hand dyed and hand marbled fabrics. It is about 32" x 40" in size and I am selling it for $900.



For the past two years, the nice folks at the Old Forge Art Center have invited us to use one of their galleries for a display (and possible sale) of quilts made by the members of our art quilt group Rochester Area Fiber Artists (RAFA). We were delighted to return and hang our 29 quilts again this year. Fourteen of our fifty members participated this year and we had a number of quilts that have not been seen before! We are a very eclectic group and the challenge was to pull all the diverse styles and colors of quilt art together into a cohesive exhibit! We think we did pretty good!


This is the view from the door looking in on the left hand side of the gallery.

This was what I called the blue corner. It contains my Pelican, a piece called African Splendor by Pat Berardi and a magnificent piece by Janet Root called Idania's Wheel.


This was the view of the right hand side of the gallery.




This is a piece by Val Schultz called Hints of Spring.


This is a piece by Mary Wieser called Disturbing Zebra.
This is a piece by Elaine Ross called Longwood Water Gardens and has a lot of dimension.



This was the black and white wall which has two pieces by Sarah Terry on top based on Zentangle drawings. The two pieces on the bottom are called Butterfly Flower by Elaine Ross and Blue Grandma by Brenda D'Angelo. You can't see from the picture, but grandma has blue eyes but this was about the only picture Brenda has seen where she looks happy.

1 comment:

Nina Marie said...

HI Beth - first of all I really like the piece you entered in the show - the composition is great. I was interested in this post, since for years I entered the art center's show at this time of year. It gave me a reason to head home - plus it was the first public venue I showed my work at. I'll make sure I take time to see it, later this month. Maybe I'll have to put it on my list of shows to enter next year! Thanks!!