Friday, November 27, 2009

Kure Cure

There is nothing like watching the dolphins jumping in the water from your deck in your tshirt to make you feel relaxed! The biggest problem is getting any work done -- quilting or otherwise! Despite that, we managed to get a full Thanksgiving feast on the table yesterday. We had just a lovely time but Lisa will be leaving with our kitties tomorrow and we head to Florida early next week .

I stopped by the little lake in the middle of the next town (Carolina Beach) to take pictures of the Coots. These are striking black birds with white beaks. I couldn't get too close as they were down at the end of the lake this morning but there were certainly a lot of them. The mallards were also there and obviously expected to be fed as they jumped out of the water and walked up to me as soon as I arrived. There was also a fairly substantial group of ibis on the grassy peninsula going into the lake but the sun was right behind them so no pictures today!


Just more of the Coots!

Of course, I had to include a couple of pictures of my beautiful granddaughter Amelia with her big brown eyes! Her parents tell me that all she wants to do these days is walk around with either mom or dad holding her up.

She has two bottom teeth now and spends her time chewing on everything.

1 comment:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

She is a beautiful little girl.