Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What's Next...


Well, have almost finished all the updates to the lilies so now onto the next projects. As I will be on vacation some this winter, I need some projects to go along with me. I also want to get a start on the Great Blue Heron before I leave as well so this after noon was spent gathering the fabrics for that project. To the left is the original photo but I have decided he would look better with his feet in the water. It will be challenging for sure!
In addition, three days next week will be spent on the "turquoise jacket challenge" with my favorite sewing partners, Priscilla and Marcia at Marcia's wonderful studio. We can barely fit one person in each of Priscilla's and my "sewing studios" and I use that term very loosely for mine !! I did manage to clear off the floor though and all the fabric from the lilies is put away (well almost all the fabric). There is quite a pile of turquoise fabrics and "stuff" though.


I spent some time today also trying to decide which photos need to be captured in cloth as well. As I had not moved LJ's "best Africa photo" folder over from my old computer, I did that and decided to see if I could find an image that screamed out to me. I did -- it is one of my favorites from her last trip. I have always called it the lion king as it reminds me of the movie (or play). I am now really excited about getting started on it so I ordered some more tracing paper and will head over to Staples to enlarge it a bit. You can see my progression here. The above was the original shot Lisa took.


I cropped it to emphasize the faces and then "posterized" it which emphasizes the values. You probably need to double click to see this.




I then used another filter in Photoshop called pen and ink or something similar and converted it to black and white, again emphasizing the values even more. This is the picture I will get blown up so that I can begin the process of making templates from the different areas.

I LOVE Photoshop!

This is my lovely daughter Zann, her husband Justin and my beautiful granddaughter Amelia celebrating Halloween.


George decided that Cheney wasn't the only kitty to go to the top of the pole and be "king of the mountain"!

Both kitties were really curious about Warren outside blowing all the leaves from the backyard!! They were totally enthralled!


Today they are checking out their new kitty crates of course not knowing that these will be used to transport them to NC with us!

2 comments:

Priscilla Kibbee said...

I LOVE the lion photos but won't you have to lighten up the faces a bit?

Beth Brandkamp said...

Will definitely play with the lightness when doing. The faces are the focal points and need to stand out!! I do love this photo!