Thursday, April 29, 2010

Heading South for a Month!

My two kitties and I are packing up the sedan to the very top and heading to the house in Kure Beach (which made CNN by the way because of their ruling that it would be a "no thong" beach) on Saturday bright and early. It should be quite a trip as I won't be stopping half way like I normally would because of the cats.

My dear daughter and her two kitties join me on Monday and then she leaves her kitties with me for three weeks while she is busy traveling for her company! My youngest daughter, her husband and my granddaughter as well as my dear husband and my son in law's parents will be joining me in a couple of weeks. Needless to say, I am taking lots of projects to work on (car space permitting). I literally have every square inch except for the driver's seat packed with boxes, freezer chests, multiple suitcases, 2 individual cat carriers for emergencies, baby stroller, high chair and "pack and play" and a kennel that takes up the entire back seat (for the kitties to travel in relative comfort). The fabric and assorted accessories will be squeezed into any available space that is left. Now to just get all the stuff I need for the class and my projects ready.

Besides working on the drafting of my lions (hmm, I am a Leo after all), I will probably play with more of the hexagon kalaidoscopic images. I have two fantastic books that I love by Sara Nephew -- Serendipity Quilts and Doubledipity. They basically are about 50 variations of settings for kalaidoscopic hexagon blocks. I hauled out a bunch of my fabric that looks like it will work and will audition it tonight. I have to be very selective because of space concerns and I have to have enough books to last for a month as well (30?).

So it may be a few days before I post a blog so hope you all enjoy the wonderful spring weather! I can't wait to get to Kure and see the ocean again!! I am really a water person and am happiest when I can have it close at hand!

No comments: