Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It's Just Too Beautiful!

The weather has been just too good to do anything but spend our afternoons outside in the sun and surf which does limit productivity!

We had the pleasure of guests this last weekend -- my best friend from high school and her youngest son! The last time I saw her was at my wedding 38 years ago! We finally reconnected via the internet about two months ago -- I had been looking for her for close to 20 years and had feared she was dead.

Voices and looks sure do change but I could see the Vicki that I spent so much time with as a teen -- still the same dry sense of humor. She is very much the self made woman who has what my husband calls "the knack". This is about the highest complement my dear husband can pay -- it means she is fearless with anything technical and good at it both at the same time. Our engineering friends use it to describe someone who is a natural engineer.
It was really fun to catch up to date on what happened with her and all her siblings and kids!

This immature brown pelican was just wondering around in the surf on the beach, riding the waves. Not a very usual sighting around here. He seemed quite fearless -- hope this doesn't get him into trouble!

So far the hurricanes are passing by and only causing some rip currents and big waves. My oldest daughter tells me that merely mentioning all the beautiful weather is enough to incite the "hurricane gods" to unleash a "4" on us especially when the next named storm will be Lisa (her name).

No comments: