Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How Do I Ever Get Anything Done Here?

This time for the short trip south I didn't pack a lot of projects to do as I had the sneaking suspicion a lot wouldn't get done but figured some would! Wrong... How can you sit inside when it is sunny and 70 out? Well, you can't.. It's like my various trips to London when I swore I would visit the British Museum on a rainy day. Four trips and no rain so finally had to go on a sunny day (we did have rain later that week though).

These are the brightly blooming roses in front of the beach house!

At least I have taken the sewing machine out of the closet and set it up hoping to inspire some work at night at least. Nothing spectacular is up for creation anyway -- just using some of the strips and squares I diligently cut over the past couple of weeks, getting rid of some of "too little for projects or for selling but too big for giveaway" fabric I had. It has its own built in pallette as they were leftovers from former projects, the Dear Jane's of my past as well as the "I Spy" quilts.

But most of the time I sit and read or walk along the beach trying to catch a peak at a new bird. Same old willets though!

This is the most common gull down here -- the relatively large ring billed gull. There are a lot of laughing gulls as well as tons of pelicans!

There were these two cute little girls feeding the flock of ring billed gulls on the beach today.





Of course, still taking pictures from the third floor of the house. This is a gulf fritillary I presume -- I have seen lots of these, buckeyes and the sulphurs.

This is one of the buckeyes. The flowers next door had almost died out in September when we were here. Everything is blooming now!




This is a Ruddy Turnstone in his winter plummage. He kind of looks like a pigeon. I hadn 't seen one of these down on our section of the beach before.











1 comment:

Judy Warner said...

Great photos, Beth. Enjoy the sun and beach.