Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sunny Florida!

The kitties and dh and I arrived at Ft. Myers Beach for a visit yesterday. The weather is wonderful and the condo we are in is even nicer than previous years. We have a big screened in porch where George and his brother can watch all the birds and I can watch the canal doings as well.
For some reason, they have put a boom extending out over the canal this year, ostensibly to keep some of the floating debris from making its way down the canal. The birds LOVE it and so first thing there was this little snowy egret.

I could easily stay here forever!!! Of course my walking is severely limited because of my stupid foot but I get out as much as I can! Today was busy doing shopping and putting away as we were pooped after driving all day yesterday. So picture taking was limited but I really wanted to try out the new camera down here.
This was the same egret but I noticed his almost perfect reflection as well. There was a nice breeze but evidently not where he was sitting.



Of course the Great Egret had to come visiting as well.
There were lots of pelicans and a Little Blue Heron visiting as well this morning. I just love these big beautiful birds.
Our drive down was on a different route than usual and we saw two sandhill cranes as well as an American Bald Eagle very close up. Warren doesn't stop so no pictures though. The eagle flew up from the side of the road just as we were driving by and he was BIG.
Well, a "cold" front is supposed to come through tomorrow and drop our temps to a freezing 72 degrees. Br........

No comments: