Thursday, December 2, 2010

Well, No Quilts for Awhile but Lots of Inspiration

The weather has turned a little chilly but I am still finding a few subjects on which to practice with my new camera. I am finally convinced that it takes much better pictures than my old Lumix!! I knew it took pictures faster, but now I know it takes better ones as well as these are all the same subjects I have taken before in the same place, in the same light and you can see more detail for sure!

This is a Little Blue Heron who is fishing from the yellow boom.

Yesterday, I went walking on the beach and there were 100s of gulls and terns all hanging out so I walked over to see if I could find any that were a little unusual. These are Sandwich Terns which I don't see as often down here as the Royal Terns. There were no black skimmers today but hopefully there will be some later in my visit.

George is peering out the door probably at the local skinks. The kitties have enjoyed looking out from the porch except they are complaining today that it is too darn cold -- Florida cats already.
This is the unit we are staying in the year at the Edgewater Inn. We have stayed at the Inn for probably seven years although this is the first time we have gotten this nice unit with the screened in porch overlooking the pool and canal. Across the street is the beach. It is a wonderful place to stay and relatively cheap.
This is the newest "sport" down here although I have no idea what it is called. We regularly see these teenaged boys standing on these very large (probably 13 feet by 4 feet) things that look a bit like a surfboard but with a small skeg. They usually are standing and rowing them and pretty fast I must say. They get out of the canal on this side and go use them in the ocean.


1 comment:

Judy Warner said...

Beth,
It may be a little chilly down there, but it is darn cold up here! Our cats have announced that they are in for the winter. Thanks for the photos. The last reminds me a little foot square piece I did of a boy out in Hawaii trying a similar activity.