Friday, December 3, 2010

Bowditch Park at Ft. Myers Beach

Well, finally I managed to get down to Bowditch to visit with the Gopher Tortoises and Ospreys! I wasn't disappointed. I almost missed an osprey with a big fish going over my head as I was looking at a Bald Eagle off to the right! Luckily the Osprey stopped nearby to snack.

We thought he was going to leave here but he didn't! His mate was patiently waiting back at the nest but he obviously wasn't sharing!
This is the view from the beach into Bowditch Park. Shortly an effort will be made to expand the beach by about 100 feet! There is a lot of construction of new sewers and sidewalks down at this end of Ft. Myers Beach.

I saw several of these small Palm Warblers in amonst the flowers.
And of course the star is the endangered Gopher Tortoise. He was about 24 inches in length and does have a grumpy face.

There were no butterflies in the butterfly garden (well there was one that I haven't identified yet as he was a bit skitterish). This is the Common Buckeye who was hanging out with the tortoise.

Sitting by the pool this morning, a Great Egret decided to come for a visit just feet away from me.

With this new camera, I was able to get the egret as he was leaving the pool area.

The kitties finally decided to both stay watching the birds as I took their picture!

I am enjoying the new camera immensely and it isn't disappointing me at all. I used to have to do a lot of manipulation of my photographs to get them where I wanted them but I rarely do anything but occasionally crop the ones with the new camera. Now let's hope that I get to see some more of my favorite birds while I am down here so I can do them justice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow you live in a magical place with all the kinds of critters and birds that I love!

I just stumbled on your blog and have to tell you that you just take fabulous photos!


Thanks~Pat