Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Feathered Friends

The other day was spent quietly finishing up South of Broad by Pat Conroy by the pool. I was quickly joined by three snowy egrets and a great egret who wondered back in forth literally inches away from me for about an hour. I had to snap some pictures!

This is a closeup of a snowy egret.



This particularly snowy is a little feisty and periodically would chase the other two snowy egrets away showing his puffed out feathers.

Here he is again, being feisty with the Great Egret languishing in the shallow end of the pool. Both the great and the snowy egrets later sat like ducks in the pool, a behavior I hadn't seen before.
Here is a closeup of the Great Egret!


Of course a trip to Bowditch resulted in another Ruddy Turnstone sighting. I see so many of these at my secret beach in North Carolina.


I thought this was a nice closeup of one of the Ibis.

A little excitement at Bowditch the other night that both Warren and I slept through was the complete distruction of two boats which people lived in a fire during the bad storm we had the other day. This is what is left of one of the boats.

No comments: