Thursday, September 8, 2011

Beautiful Beach Breezes!

It's a little hard to spot, but there are actually two rainbows in this picture taken while it was still raining over the water.  Except for these thunderstorms wandering through with the remnants of Lee, the weather down here has been perfect!!  Let's just hope it stays that way!  


I treated myself and ordered a Juki 2010Q which is supposed to arrive tomorrow.  I justified this to myself by saying that I wouldn't send out my "utility" quilts to be quilted which should pay for the machine which was a pretty good deal!  I have the  nine tops down here all basted and ready to be quilted so as soon as my much awaited guest (my very best friend from high school) heads on to her next destination, I will start working my way through all these!!  After all, winter is coming and we do need to sleep under something warm down here!  Lisa is also bringing down my remaining quilting paraphernalia that I had to leave at her house when I picked up her kitties.  Then there is no excuse!!  I am planning to make a couple of quilts using Sara Nephew's Serendipity Quilts and Doubledipity.  These are complex hexagonal patterns using as their base "stack and whack" type techniques but adding a whole lot more.  I have so many old fabrics that lend themselves to these techniques and with some luck I brought along enough of the right fabrics to go with these base fabrics.


Otherwise, sitting on the porch watching the pelicans dive bombing for fish and reading my stash of beach books has occupied my days.  I do like to read books before I see movies so I have recently read The Help (excellent) and am now reading Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy.  Then I can see the movies!!  After these, I will sneak in some Jane Austen (my dessert).  It is nice to have a Kindle and always have 40 or 50 books to read -- most of them free!!  

1 comment:

Inspector Clouseau said...

Great shot.


Nice blog work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.