Thursday, September 15, 2011

Walking at Ft. Fisher

One of our favorite places to stroll is along the walk at Ft. Fisher historical site about a mile down the road from the beach house.  In the winter, I frequently see birds so of course I took my camera today when I went walking with my friend Vicki.  Ft. Fisher was the last of the Confederate seaside forts to fall during the Civil War and there is a museum there as well as remnants of the battlements.  It sits on  a narrow strip of land between the Cape Fear River and the Atlantic.

What a surprise to find that a film crew was there setting up for shooting something.  We took our walk and then saw a woman sitting and holding some costume parts.  I asked her what they were filming and she said an HBO series (with lots and lots of foul language she added)!!  I found out that the show is called Eastbound and Down and sounds like the language puts a whole new low for language on tv.  I of course commented that I was waiting for Colin Firth and she said she was too!!!
We decided they were setting up for a night shoot as there were lots of lights.  They were putting a small boat into the water.  The costume was a very red, white and blue drum majorette like costume if anyone has any idea what series this might be!
This tent with an American flag on top was set up on the public beach!!  As I had planned a tour of the studio for later this month, quite a treat to see them filming right down the road from me -- now if only Colin Firth were there......

No comments: