Wednesday, March 21, 2018

A Visit with my Sister! Lots of Bird Pictures (of Course)!!

This and the next two pictures are of a male Baltimore Oriole at my sister's feeders.

His orange is beautiful against the bright blue sky.

I liked this view from the back as he got some suet.

This was the first Goldfinch of the season just beginning to morph into his breeding plummage.  

This is his kinda lookalike the Pine Warbler, of which there were many!

This is a very far away Red-tailed hawk which I saw first thing  on my first day at Gail's home in Ocala.

A Downy Woodpecker who was hanging around quite a bit.

This is one of may Red-bellied Woodpeckers.  This one had some strange markings -- the red over the beak, then the white and then more red on the head.

A break from the birds to show the Sherman Fox Squirrel, aka the Monkey Squirrel.  This appears to be a female to me.  They are an endangered species but do frequent Gail's feeders.

Another view of the Fox Squirrel so you can see her tail.

They also have this strange gray squirrel that they have nicknamed Q-tip for obvious reasons!

 There were several very photogenic Blue Jays, some bluer than others!


So pretty against the trees and sky!

Mr. Cardinal!
Mrs. Cardinal.

Palm Warbler with the yellow under the tail.

Yellow Rumped Warbler who has yellow on top of his tail!  We see tons of these down in Kure Beach.

House Finch.  Their color is determined in a large part by the things they eat like the Cedar Waxwings whose red is sometimes yellow or orange.

Last but not least is a Tufted Titmouse who wouldn't pose for me -- they move fast!


2 comments:

Sandy said...

We have a Great Tit who has a stripe down the centre of his black cap front to back. I had to get the binoculars to reassure myself of what I was seeing.
http://voice.gardenbird.co.uk/all-about-the-great-tit/

momto1 said...

What fun! I’ve never seen that squirrel. I don’t know where its habitat is, but I shall have to keep my eyes open for it. You’ve inspired me to start keeping track of the different birds I can see in my own back yard.