Sunday, March 25, 2018

The Wholecloth is Done!!

I tried but it is impossible to photograph this quilt but this was my best effort. Surprisingly, my phone did a better job than my expensive slr!  The slr objects to something that is all one color.   It is a queen sized quilt and is now on my guest room bed down here at the beach.  It took four winters of hand quilting to get this done  I am a compulsive finisher and this printed top for probably 15 to 20 years!  I like to have a hand project when I am down here -- my husband claims my hands must always be moving.  I finished a Baltimore Album the years before I started quilting this one!



Don't know whether you can see the quilting any clearer in this picture.

Also making sustantial progress on this black and white quilt.  I made 72 blocks in about 3 hours today but it will take about 240 to make the quilt.  Another 70 or so and I will have a good sized quilt!  I don't think borders would look good on this one!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Wholecloth is beautiful!