Monday, April 2, 2018

The Black and White Quilts

This is the first of the two black and white quilts I have been working on.  It is in two pieces and I will quilt them separately and then sew them together.  I am not going to put any borders on it.  It is 87 x 80 and should fit on a queen or king bed even.

The amazing part of this quilt is that I had cut exactly the right number of four patches to make this quilt.  I hadn't counted what I needed as I rarely do that with scrap quilts -- just keep making blocks.  I was shocked when I had just the right number of blocks!

This is the second black and white and I will be adding borders to this one.  Currently it is 70 x 70.  It will probably be about 77 x 77 inches when done.  

I still have a ton of fabric left with the first cuts done.  I think they will eventually become some sort of comfort quilt.  I will be quilting all of the above when I get back to Rochester.  Looking at the picture I see another block I have twisted wrong!!  

This one isn't sewn together yet.  Weather is getting nicer and getting harder and harder to stay inside and sew!

Spent yesterday at my daughter's house and watched this Osprey coasting overhead.  She always has an abundance of Blue Jays, Cardinals and Bluebirds as well as her Red-Shouldered Hawks, an occasional Cormorant and the Mallards in the pond.  


No comments: