Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Day of Sharing - Jacksonville

This was the second Day of Sharing that I have attended and it was as much fun as the first.  The speaker this time was a quilt appraiser/hand quilter named Steve Albright.  He showed a variety of quilts, many of which he had purchased as tops and then hand quilted.  His wife does the repairs on the quilts and any machine work and he does all the quilting  This is an iconic 30s quilt called Colonial Ladies  His talk was on quilts from the 30s and he shared many examples.

Below are a number of the quilts








This was one of my favorites of the quilts he showed.



There was as usual a lot of nice Show and Tells.  I loved this very simple  design and will save to my scrap Pinterest board.  The following are a lot of more quilts from show and tell.  






Loved this row by row! 



Gorgeous!
Stunning top!


 This and the next one were by our prolific quilter Betty VanSickle!




 One of my favorite color combinations.









 A beautiful pineapple.


This and the next picture were done by our own Becky Bucci.





Nice to see a wearable as well!!


This was the home guild's raffle quilt. Still haven't figured out how it goes together!  I really liked it!

I showed my hand quilted wholecloth quilt and it got quite a bit of attention.  The surprising thing was that one of the other guilds had its twin as their raffle quilt!!

And on the way home, we stopped to see some animals and I made friends with the emus.  First he came up to see me and then his four friends joined in!











No comments: