Tuesday, April 17, 2018

More Stack and Whack Madness!

Did manage to finish this first stack and whack quilt this morning.

This is the fabric from which I made the above quilt and the second quilt developing below.

I had 12 blocks left over from making the above quilt and found a format that used that number so none was wasted.  I thought this green fabric would work for the triangle points -- guess not!!



I found a half yard of this hand dye which seems to do the trick but barely enough to get the triangles I needed.

Found this nice batik to finish this off.  I will probably add a strip of this lighter green on the top and bottom.

First audition of border fabrics.  Hmmm...

This is the second iteration.  I finally decided on the yellow and found a darker green batik that I will use instead of the blue.  Hopefully I will get it done tomorrow.

This was the second of the stack and whack fabrics that I made into hexagons.These hexagons are considerably smaller but I think more graphic.  Not sure I will be able to  part with this one.  I haven't decided whether to do a "one-block wonder" or just a plain stack and whack.

This is the second variation.  There are currently 48 blocks.  I didn't think I would like the one-block wonder variation but I really do so...  

On another totally different front, I always have a handwork project and this is my next one -- a quilt called the Passacaglia quilt which is English paper pieced and very very intricate.  Don't know whether i will actually do the whole thing -- we shall see.  I have been surprised how quickly the sewing has gone  however.  The fussy cutting of all the pieces is a different story!!  I have used a lot of hand dyes and it makes the hand sewing a lot more difficult.

No comments: