Friday, June 14, 2019

More Progress on the Blue and Yellow

I am making significant but very slow progress on this quilt.  I have fiddled around with settings and testing out colors and doing everything on point is making it trickier.

I finally got all the blocks done and most of the four patches and everything up on the design wall so I could arrange the blocks.

I have about half of the quilt sewn together now and am putting the blue and yellow half blocks around the outside but am not so sure about this now so back to Electric Quilt to test some options.  If I had enough of the blue, I would have used it around the whole outside but alas it is a very specific blue that I can't match (believe it or not!!).  

Well, I am now seriously thinking I will undo a bit and but one of my hand dyed greens around the outside including those set in triangles.  Will test this tomorrow.

In the meantime, my sister gifted me with an early birthday present.

As I have mentioned   before, the only type of radial symmetry quilt I haven't done but had seen is one where you have a central panel and then do hexagons out of six additional panels which you use to surround the image.  I am so glad she bought seven panels for herself as well.  The fabric is by Northcott and is part of the Water Garden series.  This may end up being my very favorite and end up on a wall.  We shall see...  the panel is about 27 inches by 44 inches.  Can you believe birds!!!!

No comments: