Saturday, January 11, 2020

The End of Mindless Quilting Week!

It's been a week of mindless quilting and I have dealt with those 30s repro fabrics for the last time.  The rest go to the free table!

This was the first of three I finished today.  I started this one yesterday as it is a 4 patch pattern that I have always liked.  I had to draw it out though to make the correct number of blocks.  There are truly scraps from a baby quilt I made for my daughter's godchild.  I do like to do four patches and exploring the various way to use them.


I just wanted to use up some of the scraps but decided I should add white to the mix.  It is okay but certainly not a favorite!


Another use of the four patches.  I used some of my hand dyed fabric for the squares as I didn't have any large plainly colored scraps and I didn't want to do all white.  This muted yellow I thought worked well (although this picture does not do it justice for some reason).  Another use of four patches is here.  By the time I finished this one, I never wanted to see these fabrics again.

This is one I finished a few days ago and forgot to post!


And here is the bag that is left over and which will be donated to the free table!  There is still quite a bit in  here but I can't stand looking at these fabrics anymore!!  I didn't care for them to begin with as muted colors are not my thing.  I had thought I had sold all my 30s repros years ago but alas still had a bunch of fat quarters.


I have challenged myself to do something with these dyed pieces.  I was going to incorporate all of these but decided not to use them all in one quilt.


I have an idea of how to use these five and will probably make the other three into a three panel vertical hanging.  I really think these are about as good as any I have done and do want to show them off if I can!

No comments: