Thursday, February 4, 2021

Some Birds for a Break!

The above is of course a real Great Blue Heron.  There are many down here but they are territorial so you rarely see more than on in a spot.

The fellow is a Tri-color Heron.  Amazingly I went down to the basin at Ft. Fisher one day and there were no people which has been a real rarity this year -- guess it was too chilly for them.  There were half a dozen Ibis and another half dozen Snowy Egrets as well as some Great Egrets and this Tri-Color.


This was a Snowy Egret that nicely posed for me.


This was a nicely posing Snowy Egret at Carolina Beach Lake that same afternoon.


The now resident Snow Goose also posed for me at Carolina Beach Lake.


When I took this picture I assumed it was a Snowy Egret but when I got home and looked at the bill, I realized it was a juvenile Little Blue Heron,  They are white as juveniles.
A couple of immature White Ibis down at the dock.


This is, of course, a mature White Ibis.


I believe this is an adult Eastern Phoebe who was posing in my daughter's backyard in Wilmington.  
This was also at my daughter's but on a different day and I think it is an Eastern Kingbird rather than a Phoebe.  

This is the pile of 8 tops that are now basted.  They have kept me busy for the last few days but I have finally got them all quilted and have actually bound 2 of them as well.  Keeps me off the streets.

On a cheerful note, I received my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine last week so should be fairly immune starting next week.


 

No comments: