Monday, February 15, 2021

Two Tops Finished an an Update on Passacaglia Quilt

Just a couple of birds from the other day -- Amercan Coots -- there used to be a huge flock every year but recently there has just been a few..  It was difficult to get both of these in the shot as they were diving like crazy!



Finally got this top done!



And here is the second one.  I actually used the back side of the red fabric as it was just the right color!  I still have 7 blocks left over and I think they will be pot holders or hot pads!  


I have been working on my Passacaglia quilt lately so will probably spend some time getting a few more pieces cut.  I am probably not going to do this whole quilt as it is pretty tedious sewing and I have to keep re-threading the needle which is beyond annoying.  I do like having something to do with my hands as I am watching tv though!  

I actually have a couple more rows done since I took this picture so I guess I am making some progress but am almost out of pieces to add at this point.
 

1 comment:

quilter47 said...

Beth, you block is beautiful. I don’t know what size needle or what kind of thread you are using for your EPP but I tie a knot twice right at the eye of my needle while doing EPP to keep the thread of slipping out of the needle while I am sewing. The eye is big enough that it will let this little knot pass though. I use size 11 Milliners and it really helps.
Sheila Plock