Thursday, June 16, 2022

Just a Short Post to Show the Finished Quilt

Well, it is all done and I am pretty happy with the results.  The back is kind of boring as I used the same fabric for all the squares and used a matching green as the sashing on the back.  All in all, I will do more of these but with bigger blocks.  These were 7 inches as that is what I was doing for the potholders.  I am also contemplating doing a whole baby sized top, sewing strips of blocks down and if the blocks are big enough, doing some machine quilting after the whole thing is put together.  I haven't pursued this yet.  


This was an unfinished piece from a Jane Sassaman class I probably took 25 years ago when she was just beginning to teach and had no books yet!!  The center part on the brown was completed back then and decided I would square it up to 24 inches so maybe I could have a second entry in our quilt challenge.  The squares on the outside were square but it was just too much so I am trimming them down.  Still not crazy about it but pretty much committed now.  I always liked the iris as it was one of my favorite flowers growing up as we had probably 50 varieties in our yard.


I am continuing to try to destash and had a very successful sale at my local quilt club a week ago where I sold a lot of my hand dyed fabric and many books -- some of which were very hard to part with.  Unlike previous years, where I gave away everything i didn't sell, I kept the remaining hand dyes.  I had originally intended to hold some out that I really liked but decided to let the quilt club members cull my stash as I had so much (3 of those large totes filled to the top).  I only brought home one. 

This photo shows a bunch of 2 1/2 strips I cut from this random fabric I found while doing the above destashing.  It was all fat quarters and in this

palette.  It was all 80s fabrics and pretty ugly and not colors I ever use which is why I cut them up into the 2 1/2 strips.  I took the picture hoping to inspire myself to do something with these!  I have no idea where these came from or why this palette...

This is our neighborhood doe named Eloise.  She noshes frequently right across the street when the neighbors are quiet.  Both husband and I think she is pregnant so hopefully we will see the fawn in the future.  Our next door neighbor is not a fan (although he named her) as she devours his roses and other veggies he grows!
 

No comments: