Sunday, December 31, 2023

-Farmer's Wife 20's Quilt Almost Done

If you read my blog, you remember me doing these blocks around this time last year.  Well, I finally managed to get them put together this summer and have been working the last two weeks on getting the three sections machine quilted which I finally got done this week.  The quilt is currently about 110 x 90 in so pretty good sized.  After putting the three sections together, I will add a small border of purple and then call it quits!  This picture does not include all the blocks as I can't get far away from my too small design wall to get a complete shot!


This is a rather poor picture that shows it altogether but still doesn't show the whole quilt.  I am in the process now of sewing the seams in the back down where the sections go together.  This is so simple fete as this quilt is large and very heavy as I used cotton instead of my usual wool.  The sad part is that I think this quilt is too big for out quilt club show or even to bring in for 
"show and tell" down here!  It will be about the right size for one of the three king sized beds that I have between here and Rochester!

Next to work on the 1930's Farmer's Wife quilt which has fewer blocks and only two sections but is still pretty good sized as there are 90 blocks in it!
 

No comments: