Tuesday, May 28, 2024

A Break in the Quilt Show -- More Stack and Whacks

I am continuing to find uses for all those stack and whack blocks I made before heading north.  As of today, I only have one more batch untouched and the fabric to cut up some more but that may have to wait for a while.  Quilt show pictures will continue tomorrow as I still have quite a few and there were so many wonderful quilts,


I have enough of this fabric to make a least two more stack and whacks and trying to decide whether I will or just use of the fabric as backing! 

This was my original thought about how I would arrange these octagon stack and whacks but the finished size of each block was only about 4 1/2 inches so needed another plan.



I decided to go with blocks on point with sashing between to give it more width.  I will still need borders though,



Unfortunately, I had all the sashing cut and the top assembled before I discovered this pretty awful error on the right hand side,  A lot of ripping out seams and I got it straightened out today,

All fixed and corners done using the quarter square triangles that I had cut too small for the sides -- my error from a couple of days ago and finally used the faulty triangles.  it definitely will need borders though to make it a decent width and that has been a conundrum,


At first I thoght i would go with the bright pink next to the green and then more white.  It didn't work for me so decided to use a very narrow (1/2 in) wide pink, then a 1 in bright yellow and then will probably do white.  I cut the fabric but don't add borders until I have done the quilting of the middle


No comments: