Monday, May 16, 2011

Lions....All Pieced

The quilt top is finally done except for some miscellaneous fix-ups of areas. I have already done a good deal of applique in strategic areas which were not looking as they should. You can probably tell if you look at some of the old blog photos.

The top is currently 75 inches wide by 55 inches high but it will probably shrink some during quilting. I intend to baste the top later this week and then start the machine quilting. I prefer to do my "thread painting" at this stage and incorporate it into the quilting rather than do the intense machine embroidery earlier. You have to be careful doing it during the final quilting as you can badly warp a quilt if you don't do the quilting relatively evenly.

In the meantime, I am cleaning up the total disaster that I call my sewing room. I can walk to the sewing machine now without taking my life in my hands and watching my every step!! I will be working on machine quilting another quilt for the next couple of days. I have done some quilting on it already to stabilize it but it will require a lot more!

Marcia is working on another of her jet trail pieces -- the colors are just beautiful and this is a big one.

Priscilla was putting the final touches on her quilt. She is certainly the trooper!!

2 comments:

Judy Warner said...

Looks great, Beth. Have fun with the quilting.
Judy

michelle said...

Those lions are wonderful!! I thought the green really was the grass behind the lions.