Saturday, August 20, 2011

Patricia's Summer Quilt Show

Well, today was the official unveiling of the Serengetti Lion quilt which I decided to have hung at Patricia's summer quilt show.  I wanted to have it done for the GVQC show but it took a long time for the machine quilting.


It was in a great place so that you could stand back and see it and I got some very nice comments.  Judging by what people were staring at, the mouth area of the male lion is the focal point!
I thought this was such a nice little quilt which an excellent use of those Laurel Birch fabrics that I love all fussy cut.  It was by Gratia Pfromm.
This was a beautiful little kalaidoscope by Cindy Merrow.  Loved the colors in it.
This was a nice variation on the traditional Drunkard's Path by Audrey Andrus.
Icicles by Lynn Hayes.  This was a beautiful use of batiks.
This was an original pattern done by Lynn Wigstone-Birch as a divorce quilt.
Of course, no day would be complete without the requisite butterfly although I did get one request that I pass on some butterflies in my blog!!  This is the Eastern Tiger Swallowtail on the Butterfly Bush in my neighbor's yard.  This is her underside.


I have been madly madly machine quilting and putting binding on comfort quilts the last week.  I will have 13 done by Monday hopefully, 10 of which will get donated, 2 gifted and one for good measure to be kept for a miscellaneous baby someone is sure to have!  I still have 9 regular sized tops to machine quilt, 7 of which also need to be basted as well.


There were a lot of other nice quilts in the show but it was hard to get back far enough to photo many of these.  I definitely got some ideas!



5 comments:

Judy Warner said...

Your lions turned out beautifully! Awesome that you are creating so many comfort quilts!!!

Leah Hamstra said...

Serengetti Lion is beautiful!

Jean said...

Wow, love the Lion quilt. It is gorgeous...I just happened on your blog, will have to go back and see how you did this.

Unknown said...

Beth your lion quilt came out beautiful!! I truly enjoyed watching you make it from start to finish. Thanks for sharing!!

mao2dun4 said...

Bath,

I happen to see you blog while I was searching waterlily by Ruth Mcdowell. I love you blog!!!All of your works are so pretty. I love dyeing as well. How was your waterlily coming along?
I finish my freezer paper drawing this morning. selection of fabric is difficult. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Emily