Saturday, November 19, 2011

Back to Bird Pictures!! Colin Has Left Wilmington...

Alfred Newman, Golf Pro and One Tree Hill have both ceased filming in Wilmington.  There is a Patricia Cornwell mystery that will start filming for Hallmark during the next month and Ironman 3 is opening offices as well for an anticipated year of filming.  Do you think we will spot Robert Downey Jr. around?


However, I am back to taking pictures of my natural friends for now!  This hawk was sitting on the electric pole by the house this afternoon and paused long enough for me to take his picture.  He was chased away by a Mockingbird of all things!  I think it is an immature Merlin as it was relatively small.  It could be an immature Cooper's Hawk or Red Shouldered Hawk -- hopefully someone has an answer!! 


This of course is a Cormorant but he was swimming in the fresh water at Carolina Beach Lake.  The lake is very full these days and the Coot population is now up to about 60-75.  They were all grouping out in the middle of the lake yesterday -- I think they like the colder air.


I spent yesterday driving around Wilmington looking for a permanent residence and found several that look promising.  I do love the area and look forward to being here year round!

1 comment:

wheatgerm said...

those are great birds