Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Progress on the Bird Quilt -- Not Sure Yet.....

Well, getting lots of blocks done and randomly adding them to the wall at this point.  

A few more blocks added.

Lots more blocks but when I came down this morning, most of this was on the floor!!  Seems my daughter's kitties must have been busy!  I am also deciding that the small birds are getting lost in the randomness even adding the black around the edges.

So here is the start of another variation which features the birds in the middle of the quilt.  This arrangement uses all but two of the blocks and those two are the only two that weren't birds.  I want to maintain some of the randomness of the background and a lot of work will have to be done to do that.

I thought I might feature the flower block in the middle but that almost forces me to be more regular and I really don't want to do that.

So this is where it stands now.  I am almost positive that the flower block will be removed.  and replaced with a plain block.  I am in the process of putting together  bunch more blocks.  This is less than half of what I need for the 117 blocks that make up this quilt -- I am doing it the same size as the last one.  This shows the width and with three additional rows on top, that will make up the length (9 x 13 blocks).  Hopefully this will remain on the wall overnight!!


No comments: