Thursday, October 26, 2017

October QBTS Meeting

Jaleena Hudson was our presenter for this month and shared many of her scrappy quilts.  This is her maple leaf pattern.


This is a rug she did using scrap strips.
Here is a wreath that she did with a styrofoam wreath and five inch squares.


This is made of strip pieced blocks.  The strips are all random and different widths as well.


This is made of half square triangles and was the subject of the workshop she conducted two days before.  I would have taken the workshop but I really am not a fan of half square triangles as there is so much trimming!!

Here are just a few of the pieces done in class.  The finished one is my friend Dianne's!!

There were probably 20 neo-natal quilts shown all around the room.  It was not conducive to picture taking!  

 As usual, there was a lot of show and tell.  It is amazing how prolific this group is considering there are about half as many members as my Rochester group.  This was from our Flavin Glover class.  Beautifully done!!


This was a beautiful blue and white quilt.

As usual I don't have any names. 
I really liked this scrappy quilt and will save it in Pinterest for future reference!


Wonderful whimsical log cabin. 


Really pretty wall hanging.


Beautiful colors!


Loved these flowers!


Great fun for Halloween!!

I wish I could have gotten better pictures of a lot of the other quilts but was just too close and at an odd angle.  Some day I will figure out where to sit!!


No comments: