Sunday, October 1, 2017

QBTS September Meeting!

Unfortunately I didn't have the right camera for taking pictures during the  meeting -- I hadn't noticed that the battery was dead on the preferred camera so brought along my telephoto lens.  This meeting was dedicated to a small competition of (1) totes, (2) structured handbags and (3) accessories.  I participated in the first two challenges along with about 35 others!!  My favorite is hard to see in this picture but it is the pink woven one in the back with the 6 on it.  It was beautifully done.  It either won or came in second.

I had several pieces to show during show and tell but there were again about 35 others doing the same thing!!  So I decided to sit it out and share my stuff next month!  It is always amazing how much there is for show and tell in September.  Same thing happened last year and I remember thinking it must be because of the hot weather down here and people staying inside!


I believe that the next two pieces were both by Ann Millard.  Loved the kitties of course.  The second was a Row by Row.   She was extra ambitious and had several others to show as well!






 I, of course, didn't get anyone's name but this and the next were both from the same pattern which I liked a lot.  They look so different.



There were several examples of clamshell pieces which was a class taught  this summer.


This was a hand done hexagon quilt.


 I loved this "chain" quilt!



 This was another beauty!
 This looks like a variation of the hexagon log cabin that was a class last spring.  This was a very different interpretation.  I also did my own variation.
 Another very large scrappy quilt that I really liked!


No comments: