Thursday, December 27, 2018

QBTS December Meeting and December Sweet Charity Quilts

Our December meeting debuts our new raffle quilt.  I really liked it and the quilting was beautiful.

And then they turned it around...

And this was the akk which was as nice as the front!!  Very creative and I loved it!

The following quilts were all part of our Christmas party show and tell.  






I had a hard time getting pictures of all the quilts as it was quite crowded with the tables all set up for eating so there were quite a few more.  Still don't have the ladies trained to hold them up for a little while too!

This was the quilt that I showed which I did a number of years ago.  It is called Winter in Rochester.  It is based on a Paula Nadelstern technique although all my own patterns.  The all white snowflakes that are smaller are silk screened with paints from silk screens I made up. It was very scary to silk screen over a completed quilt top!! The smallest snowflakes are free hand machine embroidered with silver metallic thread.

We did the next three quilts in our Sweet Charity group.  We had a smaller group today so only got three tops done.  Dianne does the job by herself of putting kits together and giving us instructions -- a lot of work plus she does most of the machine quilting as well!




No comments: