Friday, November 22, 2019

Roxanne Lessa Class - Evolution of a Morning Glory

We had 12 people in the class learning the steps to create a Morning Glory quilt that was designed by Roxanne;  Roxanne is over in the left hand side of the photo in pink.  Mary and Donna are working diligently in the foreground.

The class focused on the steps to turn a photo into a small art quilt with a minimum of applique and lots of painting with acrylics to emphasize the shading.  We worked from a pattern she provided and it ended up being as she said "paint by numbers" except in my case, my lines were so faded, I finally gave up on them almost entirely and just did my own thing which was challenging as I didn't have the original picture to look at!!

Another classmate concentrating!  I was really tired by the time I got home from this class .


 Dena checking on another's piece.
My tablemate   Sally who made the day much more fun than it would have been!!  She laughed at all my comments!

This is my piece before I added any of the paints or stitching.  You can barely see the lines where I am to paint so I improvised quite a bit rather than wondering across the room to look at Roxanne's original piece.

You will see how different everyone's pieces looks when you see mine.  This one is Dena's.


This is Donna's.  These two both show a lot of depth which mine doesn't.  They haven't picked out their backgrounds yet either.

 Being the compulsive person that I am about finishing things, I did the machine quilting and facing today as well as adding a hanging sleeve.  I am relatively pleased even though it is a far cry from the original.  

No comments: