Sunday, December 1, 2019

A Little of This, a Little of That!

I haven't been able to capture any really nice sunsets lately.  This one was okay.  This was taken down toward Ft. Fisher.

This was taken right at Ft. Fisher the same evening.

My husband carts his hibiscus back and forth each year.  They seem to enjoy it more down here in NC than in NY!  

Finally finished the sunflower quilt.  I added an insert of yellow with the black binding.  It is a little wonky in places but I do like it as I really like the image!

I finally finished our guild's mystery quilt as well spending the last few days quilting it.  Now it just needs to be bound.

Because I used matching thread throughout, you really can't see the quilting very much but there is quite a bit.  It does show a bit in the white.  The quilting really straightened out this quilt!


I quilted around almost all the shapes in the ditch.  I do all this freehand on my Juki.

My first step in machine quilting is to stabilize the whole thing by sewing in the ditch (with feed dogs engaged) around all the blocks and any other areas where I can straightline across the whole quilt.  On this one, it was lines across the diagonal as well.  I then fill in with freehand work.

No comments: