Saturday, April 4, 2020

Baby Quilts and Masks!

Finished  this one finally and am relatively pleased although probably won't do again!!



This was definitely a oops that I didn't notice until I had it sewn together and then I only fixed the problems one at a time as I only noticed one of the twisted four patches at first.  I should have taken pictures as I went along but was trying to be efficient!  I must say that it did give me an idea for a different arrangement!!



Fixed!



My daughter requested some masks as she has been doing our shopping and picking up of medicines etc.  She specifically asked for "tie-dyed" ones.  She used to mock all my dyed t-shirts but wears them almost exclusively these days!!  I hadn't considered doing dyed ones but thought it was a great use of some of those "drop cloths" I had while doing ice dyeing.  I also thought that the center of the kaleidoscopic ice dyed pieces would give them a "designer" look.  She told me that after thee MIRS epidemic in China several years ago, designer face masks were all the rage.  The funny thing is that I was rueing the fact that I had no flannel down here as I don't quilt with flannel so the first three masks were made using some leftover cotton batting which worked fine!  However, as I was assembling the third one, it suddenly occurred to me that I had yards and yards of flannel in cream, white and gray solids as I used flannel as a foundation for my jackets.  As I haven't done a jacket in a couple of years, just forgot about it.  I made seven masks but daughter was off with two before I got them in the picture!

Now back to baby quilts although may make some masks with ties.  Shockingly, even my husband is going to take a couple back home with him!


No comments: