Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Baby Quilts Anonymous

This is probably my favorite of the various patterns that I  have been trying with the 4 patches.  I may do more now that I have discovered another bolt of plain non-pfd white fabric as I used up the last of the one bolt.  Funny how the bolts disappear but the scrap bag stays about the same.




I saw this variation on the Scrap Enthusiasts Facebook page and decided to try it.  You could not do this one without a design wall and carefully moving pieces to your sewing machine.  It is okay but I decided to try a different variation which I haven't seen anywhere so I guess it is my design!




This is the variation before it was finished.  I finished it today but don't have the picture up yet!  No need for borders on these three as they all measure about 40 inches square.  I still have a huge pile of 4 1/2 inch squares and ended up with two 4 patches after done which I thought was amazing!  There were also only 3 white squares left.  I didn't plan this at all.  Today I cut up the remainder of the first bolt into 4 1/2 squares and 2 1/2 strips so that I can make more 4 patches.  After this batch, I may give the remainder of the squares and 2 1/2 miscellaneous strips to someone else.  I get bored with the same fabrics after a while!  While binge watching Death in Paradise on Britbox, started sewing the strips together to make more 4 patches!!  

Stay tuned.


No comments: