Saturday, April 25, 2020

Finishing up a Couple of Charity Quilt Tops and Other Activities!

This is the first of two quilt tops  I made from the fabric shown between the hexagons.  I was not crazy about this fabric and it doesn't photograph well at all as it is red, orange and fuchsia which is a weird combination to begin with!  I didn't want to use green around it as it would immediately turn into a Christmas quilt!  It measures about 40 x 60.

Somehow my brain must have been on pause as when I cut more triangles, I made them bigger so couldn't use the leftovers from above.  Fortunately, they were the exact right number for doing the same arrangement as above but with fewer hexagons.  I used another fabric for the in-between pieces and it was primarily the garish red and fuchsia as well.

I always try to use up all the fabric so had enough for these posie blocks and the leftover hexagons.  This won't be very big but will probably do something with it to at least make it baby quilt size (like turning the squares on point).  We shall see but not until the fall as I am rapping up major quilting as I am scheduled for ankle surgery in a couple of weeks and will have to be off my feet for 2 months. Have some English paper piecing to keep me busy and will probably take a bunch of stack and whack fabric and at least pin it in preparation for cutting at some future date.  

To keep ourselves busy while inside, just completed this 1000 - 3 pieces jig saw puzzle.  The funny thing is that my husband and I independently purchased jig saw puzzles that were different (his only had 750 pieces) but the subject matter -- cats and books -- was the same!  Guess we have been married far too long!

I have to admit I have spent a lot of time on the porch looking at the ocean (when we didn't  have 50 mph winds beating down on  us).  A long drive on Monday!

No comments: