Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Evolution of a Baby Quilt Plus the Last of Them for Awhile

Hopefully I have pictured all the baby quilts that I have completed over the past couple of weeks -- 11 altogether but no batting so they won't get done by me anytime soon!  I did three more of this pattern as I like it and it used up all the four patches that I had created.




Same as the one above but I twisted the picture somehow!




I am actually beginning to see a dent in my green bag of 2 1/2 in strips!  




I had a pile of this kid print in 4 1/2 in squares and thought I would make it a focal point of a quilt and not make it so scrappy as it would detract from the print.  This was my first attempt and a definitely no!



This was the second attempt and still didn't make the cut although it was better.  I did so want to use up some of the squares I had already cut up rather than doing more white ones.



I finally decided that this was an okay arrangement as you could see the kid print and the two blues went together.  I have added the light blue as a border and will use the darker blue for the binding.

I got a donation of elastic from a friend in Rochester and used it to make 15 more masks today.  I raided my granddaughter's toy bin (for when she visits down here) and came up with a wonderful and large assortment of kid's craft pipe cleaners which make an awesome nose piece.  Also discovered those hoops you make potholders with as a kid and they are the perfect amount of stretchiness and are all different colors.  


No comments: