Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Mindless Sewing for Now

I made four of these cot-sized quilts (81 x 42), three of which have this border.  I liked the slightly wider border -- 3 inches finished instead of two.
This one finished up to 40 x 40 which is the usual baby quilt size.

I still have some leftover fabrics from the above five quilts but was really bored with using them so gathered  up a bunch of 30's repro fabrics (I thought I had gotten rid of all of them but I guess not).  After I cut everything up, I wasn't sure how dull it was going to be but looked okay with the first few blocks so onward. 


Now I am finding I actually like the quilt and I think I have enough to make at least one more.  What I had were mostly fat quarters.  I was amazed that I randomly pieced some four patches together after cutting some strips and found I was only one four patch short of having just the right amount for one quilt (only one short).  I must have made enough of these that I have a sense for how much to put together.  I can't seem to tire of this layout.  Of course I have been going through bolts of white fabric in doing this!

Surgery is scheduled in less than two weeks and after that I will be out of the machine sewing cycle for 2 - 3 months!!  Can't imagine going that long without my sewing machine.  Hopefully I will have enough info to post some blogs during that time  I do have an English paper piecing project.  

No comments: