Friday, May 22, 2020

More Charity Quilts - Sweet Charity and Neonatal!

This was the improved version of the previous baby quilt.  I still have some fabric left over but will do a different version with the leftovers.  I do like this version better -- more cohesive.

I did quite a few quilts last year with this block which measures 12 1/2 inches unfinished.  So far I have made 81 blocks and haven't put any together yet!!

This is a 4 x 5 arrangement of the blocks which measures about 48 x 60.

However, I am going to go with this 3 x 6 arrangement which will end up with borders to be about 42 x 78 which should be a good cot size for Sweet Charity.  I figured there weren't too many people over 6 ft 6 inches which is the length of a king sized bed!

This will give me me enough for 4 of these quilts plus leftovers for one 3 by 3 quilt which will end up being 40 x 40 -- baby sized.



This is the border fabric I am going to use.

This is the pile of what was left in a 2 1/2 gallon baggie.  The bag was filled neatly stacked like this almost to the top when I started.  It is good to actually see some progress on getting rid of some of the strips I cut last summer.  This bag contained 2 1/2 inch strips that were less than the full width of the fabric long and perfect for doing scrap quilts.  I actually used up all the yellow scraps I had in the other smaller baggie and had to go into my stash and cut some more yellow strips!

My surgery date has changed yet again and no guarantees it will take place even then because of the virus.  I have only been out of the house once in the past month and that was to have lunch with a friend at a good social distance outside.  This is getting old!

No comments: