Monday, July 6, 2020

Back to Some Sewing!

Okay, this is the third time I have tried to type this post!  I keep erasing the whole thing somehow and no way to get it back.  This is the Janome 760 that a friend from RAFA lent me so I could sew with my feet elevated!  It is super easy to thread, use and control with the start/stop and speed controls right in front.  I have finished up bag one of the stack and whack posie pieces I got together before the surgery.  It has been four weeks today since getting the surgery.  I am supremely thankful for my knee scooter and now my butt cushion which I ordered from Amazon and has made sitting all the time much much easier.  My tailbone was really hurting a lot and I had to shift around constantly wherever I was sitting.  
These are the first four blocks I did just to see how they would look.  I am never certain how it will go until I start sewing them together.  There are 72 of these altogether.  I had 8 repeats of each image so did two variations from each set of 8 block 1 and 4 use the same pieces.

I managed to find a small design wall downstairs left over from a talk I gave so set it up on my sofa across the room from where I sew.  Kneeling on my scooter, I am able to place the pieces up on it although some are a stretch!  There are at least a couple of matching blocks here.  Can you find them?










Here are the next 20 although a bit fuzzy as I am still using my phone camera.  There are matching blocks here also!  I had thought I would surround each block with a yellow, green, orange or fuchsia border and then a black one to frame them but have decided that a black border and then the multiple colors will work better.  Haven't decided on sashing yet but none of that will happen until I have access to my sewing room again which is upstairs!


I wanted to see how the next bag of blocks would go.  I only have 36 of these.  You might notice that both of these have black backgrounds as do the other bags of blocks.  I used to prefer darker colors up here in NY but prefer lighter ones down in NC.  To save myself time and energy, I bought a whole bunch of pre-wound bobbins with black thread on Amazon -- very cheap and came in a small plastic box as well.


No comments: