Monday, July 13, 2020

Near the End of Stack and Whack Mania...

 Well this is a change of pace -- hexagons!  This was the first night of something a little different and I wasn't sure how these would be as some of the former ones I wasn't that crazy about (which makes the resulting quilts easier to donate!!)  This was kind of a busy print.  The strips were 3 1/2 inches and the blocks will be about 6 inches across


There were 27 resulting hexagons from the piece of fabric I had.  I am going to put the  into three long strips with strips of fabric in between to make it about 40 x 60 finished  Haven't decided what to use surrounding the blocks but it just  may be white.  These are blocks I want to feature and allow you to clearly see as they are individually each quite pretty I think!


This was my favorite piece of fabric that was hard to cut into!  The repeat was about 24 inches.  I decided to cut it into kaleidoscope pieces as well as posies as I liked the design I did last summer which included both those in the same quilt.  It will be either a very large quilt or more than one quilt.


I couldn't wait the first night so did a few just to see how the posies would look.  Since I had eight repeats of the design, I cut 8 of the same design and then used them to make two different blocks.  Here you can see the "sister" blocks next to each other as I began.  They will finish to 4 inches.  I counted them last night and I have 102 blocks to do altogether!!  Again, not sure how I will finish them.



Here is a whole lot more of the posie blocks from this fabric and I am loving all the differences and amazed at how different some of the "sister" blocks are from one another.  I've only done about half so far!

No comments: