Saturday, July 11, 2020

Greetings From Sick Bay! (But Still Sewing)

This was batch number 2 from which I showed a couple of blocks in my last post.  Relatively pleased but trying to decide on framing which will probably be black again.


From this fabric, I made both 4 inch blocks (these) and 6 inch blocks (the next picture).




Just for a change of pace, I am doing these hexies which will finish to about 6 inches from straight edge to straight edge.  I have finished 20 already and there will be a total of 27.  They turned out better than I thought they would as the fabric is very busy and sometimes this doesn't work well.

One thing I have noticed with all these stack and whacks, is that I must be pinning much better initially as they are very symmetrical.  After I complete this baggie, I only have one left but it contains both posie blocks and octagonal blocks and I think there are quite a few.  After that, I will get my hubby to get a bag of strips (or 2) from my sewing room and I will just sew strips together.  You can always do things with strips! 

No comments: