Wednesday, November 17, 2021

November QBTS Meeting

We had a great time in our inside November meeting.  Everyone had on their masks and we indulged in some pure play!  We were asked to bring one fabric that expressed ourselves plus scraps of six other fabrics and we weren't supposed to try to match.  I certainly didn't have anything that remotely matched!

We were then given Modge Podge for glue, canvas board and a brush.  We had been instructed bring scissors and trims as well and there was a bag of trims on the table.  We were then told to just collage!  Every once in a while, we had to pass a small piece of our fabric to someone else at the table.  This is just a very few of the 43 creations made in about 3/4 of an hour on a 12 x 12 inch canvas.  It was great fun!










This was mine which is not nearly as neat as some of the above!  The marbled pink fabric was my expression.  I used pieces of the fabrics that were passed to me from fellow table members as well as what I had brought which was truly random!  The comment was that it looked like a quilt block!!  Can't get away from what I am familiar with I guess!


We had quite a few quilts for show and tell but as usual, I don't have names for most and am afraid I will get wrong the ones I think I have!!


This is the back of the next quilt which was made for a much anticipated baby named Alice!






This was entirely made by hand using English Paper Piecing which of course is how I am doing the La Passacaglia!  Beautiful use of colors as well. I believe she said she had it machine quilted which I what I plan to do as my pieces are so small, hand quilting would drive me over the edge.



This and the next picture are the back and front of a quilt by Ann Millard using a quilt as you go method of construction which I may try myself one of these days!





This was a huge quilt done by Anne Hope Marvin from several Dresden plate squares she was given.  I believe she said it was all hand quited as well.  There was a beautiful whole cloth quilt done by June Bell which I was not able to get a good photo of.  Pandemic seems to have inspired a lot of people to do hand work as a stress reliever.

A Quilts of Valor top ready to be quilted!



A really cute baby quilt inspired by last month's half square triangle workshop!!  Really nice!


There were three Habitat for Humanity quilts turned in but I could only get pictures of one of them!  I have to get back to doing a couple of those!


 

No comments: