Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Another Top Done and Another One Started

            

I decided to go with the blue sashing after trying out the brighter colors.  This is a pretty boring top but will be large enough for one of the charity groups.  I will just add some more of the blue for borders after I finish the machine quilting.


Well, the top is completed.  I decided on light blue cornerstones which helped the overall look a bit I think.  Not my favrorite by far.


I still have this rather large pile left of strip sets I did several years ago and trying to decide what I will do with it.  I think I will go with a few of my "old faithful" patterns I have done in the past for charity quilts.  Might do something a little different with the lighter set.


I was down in my basement looking for some lighter colors and came upon a whole bunch of fabrics I obviously bought years ago to do stack and whacks and couldn't help myself with this one.  It was a old Hoffman print and had a 24 inch repeat which is unusual for a floral like this.  I cut half of it into 4 1/2 strips and made these 20 blocks.  I am trying to decide what to do with the other half.  I am going to do a little bit of an unusual set with these inspired by some quilts I have seen.  I will first border each of these with 1 1/2 in strips and the sashing will be white plus...



This is the fabric used for this stack and whack.  I am trying to use all these large pieces as backings but I do get inspired by some I know will make graphic radial symmetry.






 

No comments: