Monday, July 11, 2022

Stack and Whack Senior and Junior!

This is the senior version of 20 blocks that now measure 10 1/2 square.  My first thought about sashing is shown in the second row but it didn't do it for me so I had to come up with something and decided to fashion cornerstones that measured 2 in square finished as I didn't want just a solid color.  The main sashing color is just a little bit off white which looks much better than the stark white of my design wall.


I decided to go with a a one inch square surrounded by 1/2 inch wide border.  I then decided to alternate the green in the center with the red/orange in the center.



I got most of it completed this afternoon.  I still have to put a border made up of the sashing fabric around the whole quilt.  It currently is 48 x 58 and will be 52 x 62 when I add the border.  I am toying with using some of the extra fabric (there isn't much) in additional borders on top and bottom but have to think about how I want to do that.


This is about half of the smaller 5 1/2 in square blocks I made with half of the fabric.  I made a total of 50 blocks which should made two baby sized quilts with a 5 x 5 setting or one larger quilt for another charity.  I have searched through my stash of hand dyes to come up with four different borders for the blocks which will boost them up to 8 inches finished.  It has been difficult to match that lighter color.


The second half of these is pictured below (although some are the same blocks but 20 are new).






 

No comments: