Saturday, July 16, 2022

Junior Stack and Whack Complete!

All the blocks are done and bordered.  I had to search quite a bit to find fabrics compatible with the print.  I usually just slap them together fairly randomly not worrying too much about what is next to what.  However, I found I didn't like the tan/pink blocks next to the red so had to make sure they were surrounded by green or black.  I had just randomly bordered these trying to keep an equal amount of each color and not worrying about placement.

I had to rethink this a bit and ended up leaving out three blocks and ripping the borders off of three blocks so they would not be quite so random when sewn together.  I had literally just enough of that slightly off-white fabric left to fill in the triangles, especially after I mis-cut the first square, making it a 10 inch square instead of the 12 inch one I needed!


Here is the top finished.  It currently measures 41 x 73 inches.  It is almost symmetic but not quite!


Here is a closeup showing a little more detail of the blocks themselves.  I was selective in deciding which borders would go on which blocks so a mostly green block would not have a green border but probably a red border!

Now to decide what to do next!






 

No comments: